Sunday, October 29, 2006

The Conundrum of Senioritis

WHEN:
Oct. 23, 2006 from 8:00-11:00 – US History
Oct. 25, 2006 from 8:00-11:00 – US History

WHAT:
Before the bell rang on Wednesday morning for class to start, one of the students walked in and said that he was so ready to graduate so that his life would be much easier.

SO WHAT:
I thought to myself how in the world would this kid’s life be automatically easier once he graduated? He has no current goals for his life after graduation and I wonder how he plans on surviving once he manages to get out in the “real world.”

NOW WHAT:
I hope that I can inspire my future students to find and explore the things that they love doing and could possibly make a career out of. I hope that I will help teach and show my students how to be well balanced citizens and future leaders of our world.

CONNECTIONS:
While some students may never find the passion for history that I have, hopefully I can encourage them to do the things that they love. I hope to learn and grow with my students so that they can develop a positive outlook on life, during high school and beyond.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home